If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, you’ll need to hire an experienced attorney to recoup any losses incurred. When looking for an attorney, it’s important to select the perfect car accident attorneys that will represent you and your case in the most effective way possible. The law offices of Valle, O’Cleireachain, Zamora & Harris Law Firm in Albuquerque, New Mexico, specialize in supporting clients and their car accident cases with expertise and compassion, allowing you to move on with what’s important in life. Below we outline the top three things you should look for when seeking an expert car accident attorney.
Choose an attorney who specializes in cases like yours
Just as every individual’s needs vary, every car accident requires a versatile lawyer who has the experience and resourcefulness to understand the specifics of each individual case.
The intricacies involved in representing a car accident case are multifold and involve having a strong background in transportation laws as well as laws pertaining to insurance. Rest assured that the lawyers at the Valle, O’Cleireachain, Zamora & Harris Law Firm understand these and will represent your car accident case with above standard practices.
Choose an attorney who is credible and has enough resources to represent your case effectively
When choosing your attorney, you want to ensure that they have enough experience and are well versed in the laws pertaining to your case. Aside from that, you’ll also want to ensure that your attorney has a great reputation for settling cases similar to yours. Some additional questions you should research prior to meeting with your attorney are:
- What type of background in car accident cases does this attorney have?
- Is this attorney well versed in state and national transportation laws?
- Does this attorney have experience with motor vehicle insurance and health insurance agencies?
- Does it appear that this attorney has access to a variety of resources to handle cases like yours?
Questions you should ask your car accident attorney
When you’re “in the market” for a car accident attorney, it’s important to keep certain questions in mind as, ultimately, you will be hiring them to represent you. Here are a few important questions you can take with you when speaking with an attorney:
- Do you belong to any bar associations or professional organizations? Which ones? (This will provide you with a glimpse of their involvement in law)
- What percentage of your law firm is dedicated to personal injury cases? (This will provide you with an idea of their level of experience)
- How much of the case will you handle? (Check to see if you’ll have that attorney the entire time)
- How do you structure your costs and fees?
- What out-of-pocket expenses do I need to be aware of?
- Do you have experience with motor vehicle insurance companies or health insurance companies?
Choose a reliable attorney
Accessibility is vital in car accident cases. Whether this is your first car accident, or you’ve had others in the past, you will want to have access to your attorney for questions you may have during the process. Don’t be afraid to ask your attorney about his or her availability for one on one time with clients either in person or over the phone. When you have questions you need answers to, there’s nothing worse than being left on hold or not having your phone calls returned. A reliable attorney provides peace of mind every step of the way.
Are you ready to hire a car accident attorney with exceptional knowledge and experience in the field of motor vehicle law? Contact the offices of Valle, O’Cleireachain, Zamora & Harris Law Firm today and discover how our professional attorneys can help you at this most crucial time.