What to do if you have slipped and fallen in a store?
Slip & fall cases are a unique area of personal injury law, with an individual and an entity as the two parties involved. This brings about many other factors to consider, such as the store’s policy and procedure, other store guests, proper signage, and beyond. Each of these can affect your case, and are entirely out of your control—but there are things you can do to help your case that are in your control.
Below are recommendations from our Albuquerque team of slip & fall lawyers:
1. Leaving the scene as quickly as possible is not beneficial to you.
2. Preserve as much evidence as possible, as the incident report may not be sufficient on its own.
3. Note witnesses names, addresses, and phone numbers.
4. Examine what caused you to fall. If it is something spilled, determine what it is, look for spilled or broken containers and tracks and footprints in the spill. Document everything.
5. Save the shoes and clothing you were wearing in a plastic bag.
If you’ve been the victim of a slip & fall accident, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim. Contact the Carter & Valle Law Firm today for more information.