Richard J. Valle graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 1991 and joined the firm in August 2006 after several years of practice as a defense attorney. Even while he was a defense attorney, he frequently represented injured plaintiffs.
His primary practice area is in personal injury (including wrongful death actions), medical malpractice, products liability and insurance bad faith. Mr. Valle also handles general business litigation, including construction defect claims and complex litigation (including class actions).
Mr. Valle formerly practiced and lived in Chaves and Lincoln Counties and has tried cases in several counties in New Mexico. He has also argued cases before the New Mexico Court of Appeals and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Valle has taught several Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses for other lawyers and paralegals, including Effective Legal Writing for Paralegals in New Mexico, (Institute for Paralegal Education 2002), Powerful Evidence in New Mexico Civil Litigation, (National Business Institute 2003) and Obtaining the Best Settlement for Personal Injury Clients in New Mexico, (National Business Institute 2005).
In the past Mr. Valle has done pro bono work as a member and officer of the Board of Directors of Counseling Associates, a mental health care provider and for other Bar organizations.
- State Bar of New Mexico (Admitted 1991)
- State Bar of Texas (Admitted 1998)
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (Admitted 1994)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit (Admitted 1994)
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas J.D. Degree, 1991.
- Honors: Dean’s Achievement Scholarship
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas B.A., Economics, 1987.
- Honors: Texas Achievement Scholarship
- Appellate Practice Section, State Bar of New Mexico (Director, 1997-2003)
- New Mexico Medical Review Commission
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of New Mexico (Quadrant Director, 1995-1997)