Having practiced law for over 25 years, Linda L. Ellison has been a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law since 2009. Ms. Ellison joined Carter & Valle Law Firm in November 2012. While no longer practicing in the area of domestic relations, she uses her legal knowledge and skills to help those individuals injured by the acts of others. Ms. Ellison has a statewide practice having appeared in most counties throughout New Mexico. In addition, she has been Court appointed to serve as a Settlement Facilitator as part of the Second Judicial District Court’s Year-Round Settlement Facilitation Program as well as being Court appointed Arbitrator in the District’s Court-Annexed Arbitration Panel.
- State Bar of New Mexico (Admitted April 1992)
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (Admitted October 1995)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit (Admitted October 1995)
- University of New Mexico of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico, J.D. Degree, 1990
- Eighty (80) hours of training each in General Mediation and Family Law Mediation
- Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.A. (Double Major: Psychology / English; Minor: Sociology) 1986
- Family Law Section Member of State of New Mexico: Board of Directors Member (2002-2001); Chair (2005) and Chair of the Family Law Institute Committee in 2004 and 2006-2011.
- Albuquerque Bar Association.
- Former member: Collaborative Practice Group, Albuquerque Collaborative Practice Group and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.